Private safety assistance (PSA)
In order to provide assistance in a business environment, employees are trained as Business Safety Assistants (BSA). But what about the situation at home?
PRIVATE SAFETY ASSISTANCE (PSA) is intended to prevent or limit injuries or damage to you, your family, neighbours, acquaintances, other relatives and your home as much as possible.
The most important tasks of a PSA are:
- providing first aid (falling, cuts, bruises, etc.)
- containing and extinguishing a starting fire (electrical fires, short circuits, grease fires, etc.)
- notifying and evacuating all the residents and other people (and animals) during an emergency
- notifying the fire department and other emergency services in case of fire, an accident or other calamities
The PSA is the outpost function of the fire department and other emergency services: people trained as private safety assistant know how to react in a timely fashion in case of a starting fire or an accident.
Have you ever considered the fire-resistance of your home, escape routes in case of an emergency (can your doors and/or windows be opened quickly?), detection equipment (smoke and carbon monoxide detectors), extinguishing agents (fire extinguishers, CO2 extinguishers, fire blankets), presence and adequate fixing of an escape ladder, life hammer, first aid kit? How would you act in an emergency? All of the above can save lives!
- improving your home situation
- faster response in case of an accident
- less or no injuries
- less or no property damage
- supporting emergency services
Content of the PSA course:
- First Aid: loss of consciousness, respiratory problems, blood circulation problems, external bleeding, burns, fractures, eye injuries
- Containing and extinguishing a starting fire; use of safety equipment, measures for fire prevention, fire triangle, spreading of fires
- Evacuation: guidance during an evacuation, escape routes, escape means
- Communication: reporting an accident or a fire, informing the emergency services, using means of communication
Arts Safety B.V. will provide the PSA course at your location.
A PSA course takes half a day with a maximum of 10 people per course. During the course, the trainer will have ample time to teach you the basic theories and guide you through the practical part of the course. During both parts you will be allowed to pose as many questions as you like. Both parts will be led by certified trainers.
Schedule: 08h00 – 12h00 or 13h00 – 17h00
We also offer the possibility to purchase the following items at interesting rates: fire extinguishers, fire blankets, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, first aid kits, escape and fire ladders, life hammers, AED.
Also the possibility for extra advice:
- Analysis of and advice regarding home situation (PSA plan)
- Home evacuation training